Thursday September 8, 2022
- Early Bird check-in is available, room hopping in any of the dealer’s rooms that are open, and social time.
- Pez on the River kicks off with an Early Bird barb-que on Thursday evening for our guests beginning at 6p on the hotel patio. Grill roasted brats and hot dogs anchor the feast with many other sides, deserts, and so on- free will donation to help cover cost of meal.
Friday-September 9, 2022
- Hospitality room opens at 9a and marks the official first full day of the Pez on the River PEZ Convention!
- Enjoy room hopping all day; take part in the Scavenger Hunt and the classic “Find Larry’s Friends” search about the hotel.
- Drop off your Costume Contest Entry in the hospitality room and view other entries before the official voting begins later that evening.
- We are the only convention that hosts a costume contest that is all about your PEZ Dispensers!
Costume Contest Information- Costume contest entries are based upon the theme of the Convention- this year’s theme is “Pucker Up!”
- The rules are simple- the entry needs to contain a PEZ dispenser. That’s right! Decorate your PEZ as you see fit. Costume contests entries are put on display in the Hospitality Room until official voting begins at 6p. We have had large, small, single and multiple dispenser entries, diorama and story-telling entries. In other words, let your imagination run wild. All registered guests receive a voting ballot, voting ends on Saturday during the show with the winners announced at the show.
Seminar (2pm-ballroom)- A seminar will be presented (TBD)
Captain Log’s Games- you are just going to have to come and check them out! Fun, prizes, second chance opportunities, you can’t go wrong.
Live Charity Auction- Be sure to check out our Charity Home and Community Options, Inc. ~an agency that supports individuals with developmental and other disabilities realize a full and quality life. A live auction will begin following Captain Log games and conclude within a 2-hour time frame, with any remaining items entered into the Silent Auction that will run on Saturday during the Pez show.
Saturday September 10, 2022
- Pez Toy Show and Sale (open to the public) 8:30am – 1:00pm Pez on the River PEZ Convention Show opens to convention guests, hotel guests and the general public in the Ballrooms at the Riverport Inn and Suites in Winona, MN. A sea of Pez for as far as your eyes can see will be displayed and for sale from vendors across from around the country. Feast your eyes on Pez you haven’t seen yet, foreign and vintage dispensers, display methods, paper products, candy and dispenser variations, games and the list goes on. Visit with PEZHEADS you know, make new friends, share your PEZ stories and with any luck you’ll find that elusive dispenser or a hoard of dispensers you just can’t go home without.
- Dinner out with PezHeads– Join your fellow PEZHEADS for a dining experience with each other in scenic Winona MN. (Dutch treat)
- River Party – a few special PezHeads spend time from last year’s convention to the current convention crafting an entertaining experience based upon the theme of the convention complete with a unique, one of a kind River Party dispenser.
- River Games- An opportunity for you to let your inner child come out and enjoy some goofy games that are sure to please, make you laugh, put a smile on your face and grow an even deeper appreciation for your fellow and new PEZ family members. learn some “trivia”, get goofy and play some wild games that will bring out the kid in you.
Our goal for Pez on the River PEZ Convention is for it to be a family friendly and enjoyable time for all. Plenty of things to do during the convention as well as a community rich in culture for those who need a short “PEZ” break. We appreciate and recognize our enablers and encourage them to enjoy facets of the Winona community that peek their interests, while we keep your PEZHEAD family member occupied! We want everyone to come, have fun, meet new people, get connected, become part of the family and have a fun filled but not exhausting time. Come join us on our next memorable “voyage”